Turning Dreams into Reality
The College Assistance Program helps GGGA students navigate the college golf recruiting process and find the best fit for them athletically and academically. When junior golfers enter our program, they are evaluated technically, mentally and physically. Part of that evaluation is to have students identify their goal and for many, college golf is the ultimate achievement.
The selection, application and acceptance process to play for a college golf team is far more challenging than one would think, though. At the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy, we are experienced with these challenges and just like we develop plans for our juniors to improve their game, we have a plan for achieving a student’s goal of playing college golf and obtaining a golf scholarship.
|College Assistance Program|
|Individual meetings & consulting with College Assistance Program Manager|
|Help with compiling and composing college golf resumes and introduction letters|
|Custom golf video featuring their swing and other technical elements|
|GGGA chaperoned college visits|
Putting Plans into Action
Choosing the right school is an important decision. We meet individually with all of our students and their families to determine the best fit for them. GGGA aims for its students to play at the most elite programs in the country but we also suggest students review academic requirements, location and cost of different colleges to find the best choice for them. Proper preparation and early planning increase the odds of finding the school a student desires.
Our College Assistance Program helps keep students on schedule with achieving their collegiate goals.
Legacy of Success
Alongside our academic partner, Montverde Academy, we have a history of producing high-level student athletes. The students below went on to pursue their academic and collegiate golf goals after their time at GGGA.
- Luis Hernandez, Queens University of Charlotte
- Eliott Azoulay, Stetson University
- Anna Sophia Bohmer , Florida State University
- Sophie Cao, Appalachian State
- Wenny Chang , Lamar University
- Eduardo Coghlan, Northwood
- Takakazu Furukawa, Citrus College
- Thomas Henderson, Old Dominion University
- Jose Hernandez, Lamar University
- Luis Medina, New Mexico State University
- Takashi Murayama, University of Hawaii Hilo
- George Qian, Carnegie Mellon University
- Pedro Romero, Flagler University
- Tim Tian, Limestone College
- Alejandra Velasco, NOVA University
- Tong Wang, NOVA University – Akron
- Rafael Beltran, Johnson & Walles (Miami)
- Damian Fuentes, Post University
- Kyle Hughes, Post University
- Angela Luna, Coker University
- Andres Arango, Lynn University
- Rafael Barnoya, Rollins College
- Daniella Castaneda, St. Johns University
- Giacomo Cavadini, Erskine College
- Caitlin Gilchrist, Queens University of Charlotte
- Yuka Kajiki, University of Houston
- Daniel Pico, St. Leo University
- Manuel Torres, Lynn University
- Sara Riascos, Rollins College
- Alvaro Escalada, University of San Diego
- Qiqi Wang, Appalachian State
- Emma Mesta, University of Texas Pan-American
- Angela Xu, New Mexico State University
- Charlotte Ng, University of Illinois Springfield
- Nick French, Queens University of Charlotte
- Niko Voutsaras, Robert Morris University
- Michelle Ledermann, Wichita State University
- Camilo Mexsen, University of San Diego
- Yash Majmudar, University of Las Vegas Nevada UNLV
My experience at GGGA changed my life. It allowed me to chase my dream of becoming a college golfer. As a Post-Graduate, I was able to focus on my game everyday with the most motivated and best coaches in the country. The most important lesson I learned at the academy was how to win. I won two FCWT events in my year at GGGA!
Gary is great at coaching all aspects of the game: swing, short game, mental training and on course. In the beginning everybody was so nervous and worried about me and Gary was the one to tell everyone to be patient and that gave me time to learn. Being taught by Gary is not just only being like good coach but good friend.
My time spent at the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy was the greatest gift my parents could have given me to help me achieve my goals in golf. The GGGA training philosophy instilled in me hard work, taught me to identify course strategy and gave me the mental and physical fortitude to stay in the game. My success and next step in golf is due to my time at GGGA.