Summer Golf Camps at the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy provide a great learning environment for junior golfers to learn how to improve their fundamentals and establish the development of their game and get a glimpse of what it’s like to train in our Full Time Junior Program.
Following the same philosophy as our Full Time Junior Program, Summer Golf Camps at the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy is a golf camp for juniors encompass all areas of the game and is specifically tailored to each student’s needs. Students gain an understanding of where their strengths lie and how to continue improving. We give students invaluable knowledge they can take home with them and welcome kids of all ages.
Once students arrive they are evaluated, allowing GGGA to create a one of a kind training plan for each student. Within a small group setting, students train, working through their development plans with the GGGA team on a daily basis.
The Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy offers four flexible options depending on the student’s availability, training goals and length of stay:
- 1 WEEK CAMP – helps students get a taste of what its like to “Train Like A Champion” at the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy
- 2 WEEK CAMP - increased depth of training with option of (1) tournament
- 4 WEEK CAMP - students build upon on their development plan each week with option of (2) tournaments
- 8 WEEK SUMMER SEMESTER CAMP - the ULTIMATE GGGA EXPERIENCE with option of (4) tournaments, students are fully able to ingrain themselves in their training and prepare for the year ahead
*Tournaments are organized weeks 2, 4, 6 and 8 with the CJT.
**Tournaments to be played through the Citrus Junior Tour. All students playing a tournament on the weekend of departure must make flight arrangements for late Sunday evening or Monday morning the next day.
GGGA is located just 45 minutes from Orlando, in the heart of Central Florida, in Howey in the Hills. To learn more about the different areas of training for Summer Golf Camps at GGGA, visit the links below:
SUMMER GOLF CAMP DATES
|2014 Summer Golf Camp Dates|
|Week 1||June 8 – 14|
|Week 2||June 15 – 21 – **tournament – CJT|
|Week 3||June 22 – 28|
|Week 4||June 29 – July 5 – **tournament – CJT|
|Week 5||July 6 – July 12|
|Week 6||July 13 – 19 – **tournament – CJT|
|Week 7||July 20 – 26|
|Week 8||July 27 – Aug 2 – **tournament – CJT|
|**Tournaments to be played through the Citrus Junior Tour. All students playing a tournament on the weekend of departure must make flight arrangements for late Sunday evening or Monday morning the next day.|
- Gilchrist’s “Train Like a Champion” training system at GGGA’s world-class facility near Orlando, FL
- Swing video analysis, development plan and golf instruction featuring full swing techniques, range drills, short game (chipping/pitching, bunker shots, lob shots), putting & golf course management
- Golf-specific fitness training
- “Think Like a Champion” Mental Training Program
- Golf at Mission Inn Resort and club – two championship courses
- Housing in GGGA’s luxurious townhomes
- GGGA apparel package
- Optional weekend tournaments
Summer Golf Camp Additional Information
- International students wishing to attend GGGA summer camp are required to obtain a tourist visa in order to gain entry into the U.S. For more detailed information, please visit the U.S. Department of State Web site.
- Boarding rates include Monday through Friday golf instruction, fitness training, all meals and accommodations. Non-boarding rates include Monday through Friday golf instruction, fitness training and lunch.