Juniors all around the world attend GGGA Summer Camps because they want to truly train with other juniors who aspire to be great and work with a team who has trained and developed some of the best juniors and professionals in the game.
GGGA Summer Camps provide an interactive learning environment for junior golfers to learn how to improve their fundamentals, establish the development of their game and get a glimpse of what it’s like to train in our Full Time Junior Program.
Juniors have two options for training with our: Summer Training Camp or Gary’s Elite Summer Training Camp.
Gary’s Elite Summer Training Camp is limited to 8 students per week, though students will have the opportunity of working directly with Gilchrist instructing the group throughout the whole week of training. Student’s opting for the Summer Training Camp will work with the GGGA Team under Gilchrist’s guidance, creating the plan for development and future success.
Following the same philosophy as our Full Time Junior Program, Summer Golf Camps at the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy is a golf camp for juniors with the option for weekend tournaments that encompasses GGGA’s five areas of specialized and individualized training with:
- Technical training
- Mental Training
- Fitness Training
- Strategy & On-course training
Students gain an understanding of where their strengths lie and how to continue improving. Once students arrive they are evaluated, allowing GGGA to create a one of a kind training plan for each student. Within a small group setting, students train, working through their development plans with the GGGA team on a daily basis.
The Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy offers four flexible options depending on the student’s availability, training goals and length of stay:
- 1 WEEK CAMP – helps students get a taste of what its like to “Train Like A Champion” at the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy
- 2 WEEK CAMP – increased depth of training with option of (1) tournament
- 4 WEEK CAMP – students build upon on their development plan each week with option of (2) tournaments
- 8 WEEK SUMMER SEMESTER CAMP – the ULTIMATE GGGA EXPERIENCE with option of (4) tournaments, students are fully able to ingrain themselves in their training and prepare for the year ahead
*Tournaments are organized weeks 2, 4, 6 and 8 with the PJT . Cost is $450 per event.
**Tournaments to be played through the Premier Junior Tour. All students playing a tournament on the weekend of departure must make flight arrangements for late Sunday evening or Monday morning the next day.
GGGA and Mission Inn Resort are located just 45 minutes from Orlando, in the heart of Central Florida, in Howey in the Hills. To learn more about the different areas of training for Summer Golf Camps at GGGA, visit the links below:
SUMMER GOLF CAMP DATES
|2016 Summer Camp Dates|
|Week 1||June 19-25|
|Week 2||June 26-July 2|
|Week 3||July 3-9|
|Week 4||July 10-16|
|Week 5||July 17-23|
|Week 6||July 24-30|
|Week 7||July 31-Aug 6|
|Week 8||Aug 7-13|
|**Tournaments TBD. All students playing a tournament on the weekend of departure must make flight arrangements for late Sunday evening or Monday morning the next day.|
- Gilchrist’s “Train Like a Champion” training system at GGGA’s world-class facility near Orlando, FL
- Swing video analysis, development plan and golf instruction featuring full swing techniques, range drills, short game (chipping/pitching, bunker shots, lob shots), putting & golf course management
- Golf-specific fitness training
- “Think Like a Champion” Mental Training Program
- Golf at GGGA training facilities
- Housing in GGGA’s luxurious townhomes
- GGGA apparel package
- Optional weekend tournaments
Summer Golf Camp Additional Information
- International students wishing to attend GGGA summer camp are required to obtain a tourist visa in order to gain entry into the U.S. For more detailed information, please visit the U.S. Department of State Web site.
- Boarding rates include Monday through Friday golf instruction, fitness training, all meals and accommodations. Non-boarding rates include Monday through Friday golf instruction, fitness training and lunch.
Working with the best teachers in the world before, I’m very thankful to let me be part of his team, because in my opinion, he is the best in the business. I trained here for 8 months after college because I wanted to turn pro, and I went home after to play a qualifier for the PGA LA and won it. Gary takes you as a player, and develops you and your skills.
Gary is great at coaching all aspects of the game: swing, short game, mental training and on course. In the beginning everybody was so nervous and worried about me and Gary was the one to tell everyone to be patient and that gave me time to learn. Being taught by Gary is not just only being like good coach but good friend.
The competition in Singapore is good, but coming here is just another level. Training in the Full Time Junior Program that GGGA has, and training with Gary, this program will really enhance my game. It brings all the aspects of the golf game together: technical, mental, fitness and strategy.
“I improved about 10-15 strokes when I came here and all the coaches are professional and the most important thing is Gary comes to check us out everyday and for me that’s a privilege, because he inspires me in everything I do, not only in golf, but in life.”