Full Time Junior
NOW ENROLLING FOR FALL 2013 & SPRING 2014
FALL 2013: AUGUST TO JANUARY — APPLY NOW
SPRING 2014: JANUARY TO JUNE — APPLY NOW
The Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy is the world's premier junior golf academy.
The best way for juniors to prepare for the junior golf competition is through having a organized and individualized development plan.
Through GGGA's consistent cycle of learning, preparing and performing, the Full-Time Junior Program prepares students for the rigors of junior, collegiate and professional golf. The Full-Time Junior Program is an all-day program for juniors golfers that integrates academics and golf training. During the week, students attend school in the mornings at Montverde Academy and spend their afternoons focusing on improving their golf game and fitness level. Depending on the student's schedule and progress, weekends can be spent competing in tournaments, putting in some extra practice, resting or enjoying one of the many attractions that Orlando offers.
Upon arrival, students are evaluated technically, mentally and physically to determine their strengths and weaknesses utilizing 3-D and 2-D swing analysis technology. Major emphasis is placed on adapting the program to each student's individual needs. The program's goal is to develop well-trained, confident, athletic competitors who excel in the competitive arena.
Learn more about the other aspects of the Full Time Junior Program here:
- Fitness training
- Mental training
- College Assistance
- Academics - Montverde Academy
- Visa Procedures
Sample GGGA schedule:
|7:00 am||-||-||Bus to school|
|2:00 pm||-||5:30 pm||-||Golf Training|
|5:30 pm||-||7:00 pm||-||Fitness Training|
|7:00 pm||-||8:00 pm||-||Dinner|
|8:00 pm||-||10:00 pm||-||Self Study|
|10:00 pm||Lights Out|
The Full-Time Junior Golf Program includes:
- The Systematic Training Program taught by Gary Gilchrist and his team of certified professionals
- Overall assessment of the student's current ability, featuring the use of state-of-the-art 3-D and 2-D swing analysis technologies
- Use of all academy ranges and instructional facilities 7 days a week
- The use of all resort facilities which include fitness centers and championship golf courses
- Condominium accommodations with a maximum of 2 students per room, accommodations are spacious and feel like home.
- Healthy meals are provided daily at the GGGA dining hall to ensure proper nutrition for our students.
- Full time supervision by house parents
- Daily transportation to and from school, and to the driving range
- Mental Training Program
- Daily golf-specific fitness training
- Assistance with tournament schedules and competitive experience
- College assistance
If you are an international student (Non U.S. citizen or resident) please see our visa procedures for information and requirements.
- Step 1: Fill out the Full-Time Junior Program application if you will be applying to our junior program or post graduate application if your applying to our post graduate program.
- Step 2: Obtain two letters of recommendation from a coach or mentor you have work with.
- Step 3: Submit your application ($75 processing fee) and letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org for further review