The Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy is always looking for the best and the brightest including internships in marketing, golf, admissions, tournaments, and full-time positions such as houseparents and golf coaches. Please feel free to email us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting To: Nicole’ Shields – Housing Coordinator
Apply to: email@example.com (please send resume and cover letter)
Position Summary: This is a LIVE IN/ON SITE employment opportunity
They are responsible for ensuring that a positive, healthy, and stable home life is maintained while also mentoring the students and assuring their positive social, emotional, and moral develop.
Knowledge and Experience:
As a ”Live-In” parent-mentor role model for GGGA students, they are responsible before and after school/golf training and on the weekends. GGGA students are from all around the world and range in ages from 10 – 21. Must be available for 24/7 type schedule as the houseparent.
Houseparents demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skills, organizational skills and flexibility. The ability to lead by example, demonstrate sound judgment, uphold the highest standards of safety, cleanliness and discipline are critical. The candidate must be well organized and structured, with strong follow through. They should enjoy working with teenagers and embrace a culture of encouragement and positive reinforcement. They should enjoy the challenge of working in a flexible and fluid environment where the day-to-day responsibilities vary and the needs of the students are unpredictable.
- Know the whereabouts of your students at all times
- Maintain a clean, well-organized house and hold students accountable to do their chores
- Chaperone students to off-site tournaments/activities
- Supervise students throughout the day, also assist with homework when appropriate
- Attend weekly housing meetings an offer input on housing ideas/improvements and student issues
- Positively interact with the golf academy staff and students including reports to parents following the GGGA communication schedule
Interpersonal Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Results: The ability to deliver on commitments and drive the vision and culture of GGGA (cleanliness, safety, discipline, caring and nurturing).
- Problem Solving: The desire to continually improve and grow, solution oriented and problem solving skills.
- Initiative: The ability to identify areas that need improvement and provide solutions and ideas to better meet the goals of housing.
- Judgment: The ability to make good decisions and maintain the values of GGGA in difficult situations.
- Positive Attitude: To make a positive contribution to the development of students, a positive attitude is required
- Flexibility: The responsibilities of a houseparent change from day to day which necessitates adaptability and resilience.
- Integrity: Possess personal integrity in all dealings; represent the company honorably and take full accountability.
- Team Work: Be able to work in a fluid team of individuals to accomplish common goals.
- Professionalism: The ability willingness to carry oneself professionally, both in appearance and demeanor around students and coworkers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written skills
- Basic computer skills, word, excel, email
- Valid driver’s license with a strong good record required
- Bilingual a plus but not required
This agreement is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. To apply, please submit resume and cover letter