The Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy is currently hiring for the following positions. Please submit your resume and cover letter to the designated hiring manager for each position.
- Marketing & Communications coordinator (1)
- Houseparent (1)
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Position Title: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
About: The Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy is the world’s premier junior golf academy led by top golf coach Gary Gilchrist, revered at the No. 1 coach in junior golf.
The Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy develops golfers through multiple boarding and non-boarding program options: Full Time Junior Program, Post Graduate Program, Summer Golf Camps, Winter Golf Camps, Adult Training, Private Training and Professional Training. The academy offers a holistic training program that helps players of all ages reach their goals in golf.
Position summary: The team member in this position will be responsible for executing PR and marketing initiatives and for providing administrative and operational support to help increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Sales & Marketing department. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will need to develop and maintain strong relationships with key media members within the golf industry and must demonstrate strong writing ability. The candidate must demonstrate initiative and creativity in order pursue opportunities to support and push forward the GGGA and Gary Gilchrist brands. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is an entry-level position and reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- plan, coordinate and execute public relations strategies with targeted media
- plan, generate, maintain and update content for company website
- write press releases for local and national media
- plan, generate, maintain and update content for company social media (creative & text)
- plan, create and execute email marketing campaigns
- manage search marketing campaigns for lead generation
- photo taking for various uses
- produce and edit short video features for website and social media use
- produce, send company monthly newsletter
Results: The ability to deliver on commitments and drive the vision and culture of GGGA.
Problem Solving: The desire to continually improve and grow, solution oriented and problem solving skills.
Initiative: The ability to identify areas that need improvement and provide solutions.
Positive Attitude: To make a positive contribution to the development of students, a positive attitude is required
Flexibility: The day to day responsibilities vary and may change. Applicant must be able to adapt.
Integrity: Possess personal integrity in all dealings; represent the company honorably and take full accountability.
Team Work: Be able to work in a fluid team of individuals to accomplish common goals.
Professionalism: The ability willingness to carry oneself professionally, both in appearance and demeanor around students and coworkers.
- 1-2 years experience in marketing, PR or communications related field within golf
- Bilingual in Spanish desired but not required
- Ability to write creatively using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. Writing samples desired upon receiving resume.
- Photo and video experience prefered
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or Premier
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Marketing, Communications or PR
- Sound knowledge of, and proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and general Internet.
- Contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
- Salary: $32-$36k plus year-end bonus
- Full healthcare package
- 10 days PTO + 5 personal days
- Monthly cell phone allowance
Please submit resume, cover letter and writing samples to William Perry, Director of Sales & Marketing at email@example.com.
- Position Title: Houseparent
- Reporting To: Karl Schmidt (Director of Housing)
- Apply to: Karls@ggga.com (send resume and cover letter)
- Position Summary: All the duties of a Houseparent work to support the three main goals of GGGA Housing: provide a caring/nurturing environment, offer structure and discipline to students and maintain a clean, safe living arrangement
- Knowledge and Experience:
As a live in role model for GGGA students, Houseparents play a key role in student development. Houseparents demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skills, organizational skills and flexibility. The ability to lead by example, demonstrate sound judgment, uphold the highest standards of safety, cleanliness and discipline are critical.
The candidate must be well organized and structured, with strong follow through. They should enjoy working with teenagers and embrace a culture of encouragement and positive reinforcement. They should enjoy the challenge of working in a flexible and fluid environment where the day-to-day responsibilities vary and the needs of the students are unpredictable. Experience working in the field of social science or student development is a plus. A strong, safe driving record is required.
- Know the whereabouts of your students at all times
- Maintain a clean, well-organized house and hold students accountable to do their chores
- Chaperone students to off-site tournaments/activities
- Supervise students throughout the day, also assist with homework when appropriate
- Ensure that students live in a safe and disciplined environment
- Track progress in housing and school to ensure that student development is on track
- Attend weekly housing meetings an offer input on housing ideas/improvements and student issues
- Positively interact with the golf academy staff and students including reports to parents following the GGGA communication schedule
Other Responsibilities of a Houseparent:
- Maintain high cleanliness standard in assigned GGGA vehicle
- Transport students to golf, school, and appointments as needed.
- Assist housing team as needed (coverage in housing, activities, transport)
- Clearly communicate GGGA expectations to the students and follow through on consequences for non compliance
- Coordinate student schedules and communicate with housing team weekly
- Ensure houses/students are covered while away from GGGA
5. Interpersonal Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Results: The ability to deliver on commitments and drive the vision and culture of GGGA (cleanliness, safety, discipline, caring and nurturing).
- Problem Solving: The desire to continually improve and grow, solution oriented and problem solving skills.
- Initiative: The ability to identify areas that need improvement and provide solutions and ideas to better meet the goals of housing.
- Judgment: The ability to make good decisions and maintain the values of GGGA in difficult situations.
- Positive Attitude: To make a positive contribution to the development of students, a positive attitude is required
- Flexibility: The responsibilities of a houseparent change from day to day which necessitates adaptability and resilience.
- Integrity: Possess personal integrity in all dealings; represent the company honorably and take full accountability.
- Team Work: Be able to work in a fluid team of individuals to accomplish common goals.
- Professionalism: The ability willingness to carry oneself professionally, both in appearance and demeanor around students and coworkers.
6. Calendar: Houseparents follow the 2014-2015 Houseparent calendar as distributed in August 2014.
Housing and dinners are provided by GGGA. Employment begins with an introductory period, during which you and your supervisor can assess if your performance in this position is progressing satisfactorily. No later than 3 months from your date of hire, your performance will be evaluated.
This agreement is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.