The Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy is currently hiring for the following positions. Please submit your resume and cover letter to the designated hiring manager for each position.
- Recruiting Coordinator (1)
- Houseparent (1)
- Fitness/performance coach (1)
Position Title: Recruiting Coordinator
About: Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy
The Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy is the world’s premier junior golf academy led by top golf coach Gary Gilchrist, revered at the No. 1 coach in junior golf.
The Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy develops golfers through multiple boarding and non-boarding program options: Full Time Junior Program, Post Graduate Program, Summer Golf Camps, Winter Golf Camps, Adult Training, Private Training and Professional Training. The academy offers a holistic training program that helps players of all ages reach their goals in golf.
Position summary: The Recruiting Coordinator reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing and is a key member to the Sales Team at the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy. Among other responsibilities, the Recruiting Coordinator will be responsible for driving sales and recruiting for all short-time programs: Camps, Short-Time Junior Programs, Adult Training, Professional Training, etc. In addition, this position is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to help increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Sales/Recruiting department.
Provide client service by responding to e-mails and phone calls from candidates and employees.
Facilitate communication through telephone, email, mail including composing and responding to correspondence; creating, editing, and distributing documents, letters, and communications.
Formulate, direct, and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote the academy
Initiates and organizes action plans to penetrate new markets including but not limited to the cultural markets in the Orlando area.
Cultivate relationships with key partners to develop targeted markets
Ability to meet sales goals in a timely manner and report on progress
Generate and / or complete recruiting-related reports.
Demonstrates proficient typing skills with a high degree of accuracy with strong grammar and writing skills.
Manage prospects through recruitment process.
Prospect follow through. See prospects through sales pipeline from initial inquiry.
Ensure scheduling and follow through to the Golf, Admissions and Accounting departments after prospect commitment
Enter and update contact records for prospects within sales software on an on-going basis
Attend tournaments to recruit students for GGGA programs
Record and keep sales records up-to-date
Participates on projects or initiatives as needed.
Performs other duties as required
Results: The ability to deliver on commitments and drive the vision and culture of GGGA.
Problem Solving: The desire to continually improve and grow, solution oriented and problem solving skills.
Initiative: The ability to identify areas that need improvement and provide solutions.
Positive Attitude: To make a positive contribution to the development of students, a positive attitude is required
Flexibility: The day to day responsibilities vary and may change. Applicant must be able to adapt.
Integrity: Possess personal integrity in all dealings; represent the company honorably and take full accountability.
Team Work: Be able to work in a fluid team of individuals to accomplish common goals.
Professionalism: The ability willingness to carry oneself professionally, both in appearance and demeanor around students and coworkers.
1-2 years preferred experience in sales or work-related field
Must be fluent in English and Spanish and/or Chinese/Mandarin
Experience working in the golf industry or sports related field preferred
Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
Sound knowledge of, and proficiency with, computers including Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and general Internet.
Contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Full healthcare package
2 weeks PTO
Monthly cell phone allowance
Inquire to William Perry, Director of Sales & Marketing at email@example.com.
Golf fitness/performance coach
- Position Title: Golf Fitness/Performance Coach
- Reporting to: Gavin Metz (Director of Fitness)
- Apply to: Gavinm@ggga.com (send resume and cover letter)
- Position Summary: The duties of the fitness coach overall are to develop an athlete and enhance their golf game via fitness.
- Knowledge and Experience:
Being responsible for the physical and athletic development of the students, a Fitness Coach plays a large role in the student’s life. Due to this responsibility it is required to have a degree in an exercise related field. The ability to be a role model to the students and help them understand the importance of their physical state is of the utmost importance.
The candidate must be able to work with large groups of teenagers and be able to create a positive and safe environment. They should enjoy the challenge of working with juniors to further their understanding of how physical achievement can compliment their success as a golfer. Experience leading group fitness sessions is a bonus, as well as a good understanding of the golf swing. A certification from ACSM, NASM, NSCA, ect. is preferred. Certification through TPI or NG360 is preferred.
- Run a group fitness session with up to 25 individuals for an hour everyday.
- Be present on the range to assist the golf coaches in the teaching of their swing by using fitness drills and exercises to aid in the goals of the golf coach.
- Be able to create a fitness program that will progress and develop throughout the year.
- Interact with students and coaches to teach and explain how physical development will aid in a desire to achieve success in the game of golf.
- Be able to multitask and be flexible
- Be able to bring a positive attitude and energy for long periods of time.
- Be professional and represent the high standards and values of GGGA at all times
- Maintain communication with parents and students through our website, winning identity, email, and even phone if needed
- Update and keep track of fitness records through our testing process and inform the students and coaches of the results in a prompt manner
- Be able to send a weekly email to coaches covering the status of their students range fitness program
- Meet weekly with the fitness team to discuss ways for improvement and solve any problems that may have arisen
- Handle additional short time students in their fitness program and be able to prescribe our fitness test to students at any time
- Be able to create individualized programs and run a personal training session should a client request it
- Position Title: Houseparent
- Reporting To: Karl Schmidt (Director of Housing)
- Apply to: Karls@ggga.com (send resume and cover letter)
- Position Summary: All the duties of a Houseparent work to support the three main goals of GGGA Housing: provide a caring/nurturing environment, offer structure and discipline to students and maintain a clean, safe living arrangement
- Knowledge and Experience:
As a live in role model for GGGA students, Houseparents play a key role in student development. Houseparents demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skills, organizational skills and flexibility. The ability to lead by example, demonstrate sound judgment, uphold the highest standards of safety, cleanliness and discipline are critical.
The candidate must be well organized and structured, with strong follow through. They should enjoy working with teenagers and embrace a culture of encouragement and positive reinforcement. They should enjoy the challenge of working in a flexible and fluid environment where the day-to-day responsibilities vary and the needs of the students are unpredictable. Experience working in the field of social science or student development is a plus. A strong, safe driving record is required.
- Know the whereabouts of your students at all times
- Maintain a clean, well-organized house and hold students accountable to do their chores
- Chaperone students to off-site tournaments/activities
- Supervise students throughout the day, also assist with homework when appropriate
- Ensure that students live in a safe and disciplined environment
- Track progress in housing and school to ensure that student development is on track
- Attend weekly housing meetings an offer input on housing ideas/improvements and student issues
- Positively interact with the golf academy staff and students including reports to parents following the GGGA communication schedule
Other Responsibilities of a Houseparent:
- Maintain high cleanliness standard in assigned GGGA vehicle
- Transport students to golf, school, and appointments as needed.
- Assist housing team as needed (coverage in housing, activities, transport)
- Clearly communicate GGGA expectations to the students and follow through on consequences for non compliance
- Coordinate student schedules and communicate with housing team weekly
- Ensure houses/students are covered while away from GGGA
5. Interpersonal Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Results: The ability to deliver on commitments and drive the vision and culture of GGGA (cleanliness, safety, discipline, caring and nurturing).
- Problem Solving: The desire to continually improve and grow, solution oriented and problem solving skills.
- Initiative: The ability to identify areas that need improvement and provide solutions and ideas to better meet the goals of housing.
- Judgment: The ability to make good decisions and maintain the values of GGGA in difficult situations.
- Positive Attitude: To make a positive contribution to the development of students, a positive attitude is required
- Flexibility: The responsibilities of a houseparent change from day to day which necessitates adaptability and resilience.
- Integrity: Possess personal integrity in all dealings; represent the company honorably and take full accountability.
- Team Work: Be able to work in a fluid team of individuals to accomplish common goals.
- Professionalism: The ability willingness to carry oneself professionally, both in appearance and demeanor around students and coworkers.
6. Calendar: Houseparents follow the 2014-2015 Houseparent calendar as distributed in August 2014.
Housing and dinners are provided by GGGA. Employment begins with an introductory period, during which you and your supervisor can assess if your performance in this position is progressing satisfactorily. No later than 3 months from your date of hire, your performance will be evaluated.
This agreement is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.